Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Of Irish Blood by Mary Pat Kelly

Of Irish BloodOf Irish Blood by Mary Pat Kelly
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I gave up on page 312 of this book. Why? Because I was finding everything possible to do in my house except read this book, so that's a problem and it means that it's time to move on!

I loved the premise of this book, but it gets bogged down in the middle when the main character Nora Kelly is middle-aged and living in Paris. She grew up in Chicago, in the thick of Chicago Irish politics and the poverty, but escapes when her hoodlum lover gets aggressive. She moves to Paris to be around a famous dressmaker, and then she gets involved with the Irish rebellion movement before World War I.

I love history. I love Ireland. I love learning about Americans living in Paris. But all those together couldn't make me finish this book that was boring me. Sigh. Better editing would have made this 500 page novel a better book.

View all my reviews

No comments: