Monday, April 13, 2015

The Burning Room by Michael Connelly

The Burning Room (Harry Bosch, #19)The Burning Room by Michael Connelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not a faithful Harry Bosch reader--in fact, I don't even remember the earlier book in the series that I read about him. But I was able to jump into #19 of the series pretty easily and the author is going to make me read #20 because of the horrible cliffhanger at the end! Ugh!

Bosch is a year from retirement from the LAPD Open Unsolved Case unit, and he has a new partner, Lucy Soto. He isn't too sure what to think of her, but at least she's bilingual, so that's a plus. The two of them are on the hunt for a murderer years after the shooting occurred because the man just died after the bullet was lodged in his spine. Soto gets him involved in a case that is close to her heart--she barely survived an illegal daycare fire when she was a child. The two cases pick up speed as they uncover more clues and I found myself liking Soto as much as Bosch. I'm hoping she stays around.

View all my reviews

No comments: