Sunday, May 24, 2015

Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman

Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I LOVED Seraphina. LOVED IT! And so I gave this book 274 pages before I gave up. I thought maybe I wasn't in the right mood to read a dragon YA book? But I'm ALWAYS in the mood to read a good YA dragon book!

Seraphina just wasn't the awesome character in this book like she was in the first one. I didn't feel like she was really wandering around the countryside gathering other half-dragons--it didn't seem real. Her whole love interest with the prince disappeared in this book, and I just didn't feel like her connections with the other characters worked. Honestly, losing a hundred pages might have helped. I was bored. Sigh.

Maybe it was my mood, but I don't think so, judging by other people's reviews on here. Sigh. I still love Seraphina though. And I'll give the author another chance with her next published book.

View all my reviews

No comments: