Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson (Book #1 in the Walt Longmire mystery series)

The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire, #1)The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Evidently I need to travel to Wyoming soon so I can find myself a Walt Longmire. I've watched all the TV shows, but, whoa, the books are even better. Intelligence, ruggedness, sexiness, and the ability to traipse across a mountain while carrying a body? Nice....

Of course, I'll ignore his lack of housekeeping skills and general state of drunkenness because of depression.

Anyway, Walt is the sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, and a dead body has been found among some sheep. The bodies keep piling up, and no one is too upset--the killed men raped a mentally incapable Cherokee girl a few years ago and the judge barely punished them. But Walt and his crew are on the case. There's lots of violence for no reason, strutting around in cowboy boots, descriptions of good food, and hilarious conversations between characters. Love, love, love this series and I can't wait for the next season to air on Netflix this fall.

View all my reviews

No comments: