Monday, May 11, 2015

The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen

The Tutor's DaughterThe Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I was younger, I went through a stage of reading tons of Christian historical fiction, mainly because it was easily available at my church library (that my mom ran) and at my small public library. I still read them occasionally, mainly because these authors can churn out decent historical fiction like nobody's business.

Emma goes where her father goes, and in this case it's to an estate in Cornwall so he can serve as a private tutor to two brothers of a family that they know well. The two older brothers attended her father's small academy, and Emma had bad memories of the oldest brother, Henry, who always pranked her, and good memories of Phillip, who was a good friend.

While the step-mother doesn't want any love interest between the tutor's daughter and her sons, something is bound to happen!

And, seriously, how different it was back then when you barely knew anyone your age, so your marriage choices were limited!

View all my reviews

No comments: