Friday, May 29, 2015

Z: a Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

Z: A Novel of Zelda FitzgeraldZ: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read everything about the Fitzgeralds. Seriously. I have read every novel, every short story, every poem, every journal, every letter that has been published. I went through quite the Fitzgerald stage in high school, and it continued in college when I did quite a few projects on the couple. So I'll read any novel about them, too.

I found this one fascinating. I always thought Zelda got the short end of the stick. She had ambitions, but didn't fit into the "wife" slot that women were supposed to back then, even in their bohemian crowd. I found this author's interpretation of Zelda hating Ernest Hemingway was spot on--I think he was a man who would be easy for women to hate. And the way Zelda was treated in the crazy home? Ugh. So, so sad.

View all my reviews

No comments: