Monday, June 22, 2015

Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller

Highlander Claimed (Clan Mackenzie, #1)Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was in the mood for a smutty historical fiction romance, so I requested this title that has been compared to Outlander.

It was too cheesy for me, although I know that's what some people want in their smutty historical fiction. For example:

"Inexplicably, I felt a part of myself open to him, like a flower when it first sees the sun. I craved more of this connection. My senses wanted to touch, to feel, to drink in the scent and the sight of his magnificence. His face was too beautiful, too glorious. I was blinded and dazed. And he, as well, looked momentarily overcome (30)."

Insert eyeroll. Everything was TOO perfect in this book and I won't continue the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: