Sunday, July 5, 2015

All the Rage by Courtney Summers

All the RageAll the Rage by Courtney Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such a hard read that I had to put it down and watch some episodes of The Last Ship before I went back to finish it. I cried, I hurt, and this book brought back many thoughts and feelings that I didn't want to re-feel.

Romy's school is cruel (thank God my high school wasn't this bad). She is branded a slut and doesn't stand up for herself against the cool kids that she used to be a part of. She tried to tell her story earlier and it got shot down....so why talk? But now when her former best friend goes missing, all the dark feelings come out again.

Romy does feel rage, and she has every right to feel it. This town is tight and holds secrets and doesn't believe anything negative against its golden boys. The part where Romy hopes a pregnant lady doesn't have a daughter was just heartbreaking to me. Romy is without hope.

This is a must-read for all teenagers--male and female. It is the Speak for this generation. So good and powerful and dark and haunting.

View all my reviews

No comments: