Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: I'll Meet You There

I'll Meet You There I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Skylar is trying so hard to get out of her middle-of-nowhere town in California. Art scholarship is lined up, but her deadbeat mom might make her stay home--who else can make sure she pays the rent? Skylar's job at the local pay-by-the-hour motel is all that keeps food on the table, but her job is the last thing on her mind now that Josh is home from Afghanistan. Josh is missing a leg thanks to the war, and suffering from PTSD and hot/silent/brooding/popular stud syndrome. Skylar doesn't want a relationship to mess up her virginity or her future college career, but sometimes things get complicated.

Great love story, coming of age story, and traditional families sometimes suck story. Luckily Skylar has other supportive people in her life. Perfect read for high school seniors and new college students contemplating life changes.

This one reminded me of really good old Sarah Dessen books.

View all my reviews

No comments: