Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: A Lasting Impression

A Lasting Impression A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this author's To Whisper Her Name, but this first book in a series was flat to me. I found myself rolling my eyes and reading a few sentences aloud to people around me because of the corniness. And that's exactly what I DIDN'T see with the other novel I read by her! Sigh. I'll give it one more shot and try one more from her.

This had things I liked--post-Civil War Nashville, girl trying to make it on her own, artwork, rich people, and class warfare. But the whole Oh No I Can't Let Them Find Out About My Past Thing was stretched too far. The romance wasn't a surprise either. I won't read the rest in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments: