Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: The Innocent

The Innocent The Innocent by David Baldacci
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though I've listened to umpteen Baldacci audiobooks now, the gunshots still always make me jump! I swear, those things come out of nowhere in the narrative....

I accidently listened to Book #3 in this series first, so I had to go back with #1. We are introduced to Will Robey, the #1 assassin that the US government hires (secretly, of course). But when he's ordered a hit on a kid, he can't pull the trigger. Turns out that his handlers are corrupted--people start dying around him, and everything revolves around some men who served in Iraq together in the First Gulf War. What made this one good is that Robey develops a relationship with a teenage girl--he's never had to care for anyone before, but that smart whippersnapper has him saving her life all over the place.

Awww, the killer man has a heart!

View all my reviews

No comments: