Sunday, August 23, 2015

Review: The Mirror Empire

The Mirror Empire The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Whew--this high fantasy novel took a lot of work. So many characters! And the chapters just around, so just when I was figuring out what was going on, I'm dealing with another character! Ugh!

This book started out great--good worldbuilding with a mirrored empire, blood witches, war and ethnic cleansing, and diverse characters. One world even has men and women reversed--the women are warriors, and the men wear girdles and exist to sexually please their wives.

But by the time I got to page 350 or so, my interest waned. I ended up skimming the rest of the novel--I wanted to know what happened, but I didn't want to spend hours of my time doing so.

View all my reviews

No comments: