Monday, August 10, 2015

Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's the end of the world again. Juliette has been in solitary confinement for months and then suddenly she gets a roommate. A cute one. Next thing we know, she's rebelling against the creepy government leader and running away, all while trying not to touch anyone because her touch kills. Except for the cute roommate guy, and, as it turns out, the evil leader.

There are touches of Hunger Games and Divergent and superhero movies in this novel, but I really understand why it's popular with teens and tweens. My eyebrows went up too many times for me to say that I really enjoyed the read, but I know what kind of kid I can hand this book off to, so, yay!

View all my reviews

No comments: