Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: Conviction

Conviction Conviction by Kelly Loy Gilbert
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Braden is an awesome baseball pitcher who is destined to follow in his father's footsteps of making it big. But when his father is arrested, everything Braden believes is shattered. His older chef brother must come back from NYC to care for him, and the entire family is so burdened by secrets that it was difficult to read.

Seriously, I thought this was a slow read. Braden's whole conflict with religion was a bit heavy handed to me, and I found myself skimming those parts. His relationship with his father never rang true to me either--all the flashbacks reveal so much about his dad's temperament, and I didn't see a high school senior being so blind.

View all my reviews

No comments: