Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review: Crazy Rich Asians

Crazy Rich Asians Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, this audiobook was a hoot! Made more so because I couldn't help but think of my trip to Shanghai earlier this year. I felt out of place at times because I wasn't wearing heels and Prada, but now I know it could be worse!

Economics professor Rachel Chu has an awesome boyfriend who invites her to Singapore for his best friend's wedding. No big deal, right? Except it's the wedding of the year, and Rachel discovers that her boyfriend is crazy rich, along with all of his family and friends. And so begins a week of private islands, fancy jets, designer dresses, and hazing. Everyone believes Rachel is a golddigger (of course), and is terrified that Nick will propose to Rachel on their summer trip to Asia.

The accents on the audiobook were spot on--much more enjoyable than reading the book, I bet. I've got the sequel China Rich Girlfriend on hold!

And I can't help but wonder what the private jet would be like. I kinda want one of those. With the full crew, of course.

View all my reviews

No comments: