Monday, September 21, 2015

Review: Nimona

Nimona Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I placed this graphic novel on hold when I saw that it was on the National Book Award long list for Young People's Literature. It's adorable! Okay, it's adorable in an evil, conniving way.....

Nimona is a villian's sidekick and she uses her shape shifter powers to be as evil as possible. She's unstoppable! Well, at least until it's discovered that something can stop her powers. While her boss Lord Ballister Blackheart seems to have a nice streak, Nimona is trying her best to get him on the throne by wiping out the competition. It all ends in an epic battle, of course, where Nimona must decide if she's truly good or evil.

Quirky parts made me smile, but the small font made me squint.

View all my reviews

No comments: