Saturday, October 31, 2015

Review: Buried in a Bog

Buried in a Bog Buried in a Bog by Sheila Connolly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was impressed by this mystery set in Leap, Ireland. It's a coming of age story, really.

Maura Donovan, born and raised in Boston, is mourning the death of her grandmother. Maura is given an envelope with enough money for a trip to Ireland and not much else--her granny wants her to mourn for her in her homeland. And so, with nothing holding her back, she takes off.

I think one reason why I liked the novel so much is because I'm hoping something like this happens to me in 7-8 years. Head off to Ireland on an vacation, end up working in a pub, and finding out that I'm related to everyone around and that I fit right in. Oh, and I need to inherit an Irish cottage, too. Fits right in with my tiny house dream! :)

And it's not a cozy mystery--Maura is a cynic because her life hasn't been perfect. And that's okay! No man fixes her life at the end of the book, either, although I'm sure one of those comes into play in the sequels. I'll have to find out!



View all my reviews

No comments: