Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Dream Things True

Dream Things True Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I may be getting too old and jaded for YA romance novels.

Sigh.

But I do still remember how I used to think when I was 14, and I would have loved this book back then. And I can think of former high school students who would eat this up, too.

I loved the diversity and I actually learned more about the immigration process by reading this novel--how cool is that? The process for getting papers is horrific, and it's terrible that undocumented aliens like the main character of this book can't get scholarship money because they don't have a Social Security number.

However, the book isn't preachy. You can draw your own conclusions about the immigration crisis we have and the politicians who try to enforce it. This is really just a teenage love story that takes place in Georgia.

View all my reviews

No comments: