Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review: Made You Up

Made You Up Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I love that this author is a student at the University of Indianapolis, majoring in computer science of all things! Yay for Midwest authors and Midwest settings!

And, whoa, this was a difficult book to read. Alex suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, and has a difficult time knowing what is real and what is an illusion. She is trying really hard to be a straight A honor student who gets into the good colleges, but it's so difficult when the men with guns are patrolling the roof of the school, right?

As a reader, I was constantly trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't, just like Alex. So difficult to tell at times--this is the kind of book you want to discuss with people. I can see young adults breezing through this and then having their world rocked when I ask them, "Did that really happen?"

Perfect book club book!

View all my reviews

No comments: