Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review: Northern Ireland & England: The Troubles

Northern Ireland & England: The Troubles Northern Ireland & England: The Troubles by Robert C. Cottrell
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Anytime I'm trying to understand a historical topic, I'll head to young adult nonfiction. Why read a 400 page boring adult book when I can read a more exciting one in 100-150 pages?

And so I skimmed and scanned this one to learn more about the terrible history in the north of Ireland.

I'm afraid that some of my ancestors were the meanie Scottish Presbyterians who caused so much trouble that they had to leave for America in the 1700's.

It's still difficult to me to understand how so much of this went on in my lifetime. I was completely ignorant of this stuff when I was growing up.

View all my reviews

No comments: