Thursday, November 5, 2015

Review: Spellbound: Tales of Enchantment from Ancient Ireland

Spellbound: Tales of Enchantment from Ancient Ireland Spellbound: Tales of Enchantment from Ancient Ireland by Siobhán Parkinson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I want to learn about myths and legends of a country, I look to picture books! And this didn't disappoint. It contains 7 stories that were new to me. Overall, I found the theme of divorce interesting--it happened and was no big deal. In "Land Under Wave," the tale ends with "They were both sad that their love had died, but they agreed that there was nothing they could do about it. They would just have to part." Other common themes: be nice to strangers, keep your promises, swans are important, and being different is okay (even if you have the ears of a horse!).



View all my reviews

No comments: