Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: Thanks for the Trouble

Thanks for the Trouble Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This had a bit too much of the "manic pixie dream girl" in it for my tastes, but I know some teens will eat this up.

Parker Sante (yay for diverse main characters!) hasn't spoken a word in years and eventually you find out why. It doesn't help that his mother is in denial and that he uses his lack of words as a reason to not have close friends. When he befriends an intriguing young woman in a hotel restaurant, she sends him on a whirlwind of a weekend. Of course, he falls in love. Of course, she "saves" him. But there is some magic thrown in there, too.

I didn't love this one as much as I loved We All Looked Up, but he's still an author I will keep reading. Great authentic male protagonist! Call me crazy, but I wanted MORE magical realism in this one!

I received an electronic advanced readers copy of this title from the publisher through Edelweiss. The book is to be published 2/23/16.

View all my reviews

No comments: