Friday, November 13, 2015

Review: Wayfaring Strangers: The Musical Voyage from Scotland and Ulster to Appalachia

Wayfaring Strangers: The Musical Voyage from Scotland and Ulster to Appalachia Wayfaring Strangers: The Musical Voyage from Scotland and Ulster to Appalachia by Fiona Ritchie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book proves that the love of a fiddle is in my blood! I've been a fan of Irish punk for years, as well as red dirt country, and anything that has a good fiddle. Turns out that my Scots-Irish ancestors felt the same love for a fiddle--who knew? My ancestors settled in the Appalachians, too, after leaving Scotland by way of some years in Ireland. So it was interesting to see how the love a good ballad and fiddle traveled over the seas to develop into good old-fashioned country tunes.

View all my reviews

No comments: