Friday, December 4, 2015

Review: Carry On

Carry On Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The last half of the book is 4 stars--Rowell writes romance like I want my real to be like. Her dialogue is snappy and I want to hang out with these characters.

But the angst and "fighting" between Baz and Simon for the first half of the book made me not want to keep reading. And I knew the Harry Potter references were there--I remember that much from Fangirl, but I had forgotten how similar the stories were! I kept picturing Harry Potter kissing Draco.

By the way, read Fangirl first--this entire novel is based on the story within the story in that novel.

So this is my least favorite Rowell novel, but notice that I still liked it--three stars means I liked it, people! She's a talented author--I'm so glad she writes for the new adult generation and blends the age lines all over the place.

View all my reviews

No comments: