Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Review: The Cliffs of Night

The Cliffs of Night The Cliffs of Night by Beatrice Brandon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I interlibrary loaned this title because it's a romantic suspense novel set by the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. But when I received the title, I thought, "Wait...I've seen this cover before!" I don't remember how exactly--either it was on my mother's bookshelf growing up or I read it in high school (because my librarian loved this type of historical fiction).

In any case, I forgot what romantic suspense in the 70s meant. :) Grania Kirk is an American actress visiting Ireland because she's depressed about getting dumped by a boyfriend. She's quirky, witty, and a tad bit bored, so when she gets in the middle of a Irishmen digging for treasure and a so-called Irish policeman intent on arresting them, she's having the time of her life! So unrealistic, but, hey, I want to find my Irish man just like Grania did. I loved how she referred to Tommy as a man (in italics). :)

View all my reviews

No comments: