Monday, December 7, 2015

Review: The Ghosts of Belfast

The Ghosts of Belfast The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fegan is a hardened killer for the IRA in Belfast, recently out of prison and drinking too much. He's starting to talk and everyone thinks he's crazy, with good reason. He sees the dead people he has killed and they want revenge. And so crazy Fegan, with a twisted sense of Catholic guilt, takes care of business. I loved how the book was divided into sections labeled simply by how many people Fegan has left to kill. Chilling. And suspenseful!

This is the first of a series, and I'm wondering how. I guess I'll have to read #2 and find out!

I'm also listening to a northern Ireland crime novel in the car, and I kept getting the two books confused--lots of backstabbing, car bombs, and anger in both of the books.

View all my reviews

No comments: