Sunday, December 13, 2015

Review: The Guards

The Guards The Guards by Ken Bruen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is what I want in Irish crime fiction. And now I have to watch the TV show on Netflix called Jack Taylor. I've had it in my To Watch list for ages, but have never started it. If it's anything like this book, I'm going to love it!

Jack Taylor is kicked off the Galway police squad because he's a drunk. And it doesn't help when he punches a politician. Now a pretty woman asks him to find out if her daughter really committed suicide and he begins as a private investigation. Throughout the entire book, he's battling demons--alcoholism, friends who aren't really friends, and his boss who keeps asking him for his regulation overcoat back.

I have a thing for moody criminal investigators. Now I can add Jack Taylor to the list.

View all my reviews

No comments: