Saturday, January 30, 2016

Review: Brazen

Brazen Brazen by Katherine Longshore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a sucker for anything about the Tudors, and this YA novel didn't disappoint. It was an surprisingly fascinating and quick read about some people I didn't know much about. The main character, Mary Howard, is married off early to Henry Fitzroy, who is Henry VIII's bastard. Historically, not too much is known about those people, so I love how the author fictionalized their lives at court. The two lovebirds weren't allowed to consummate their marriage (ever!) until the King gave them permission to have sex. Snort. So, um, Mary Howard was quite the pawn in everyone's life. She had no real choices--ever. Once again, I'm so glad I wasn't alive back then, and I can also see how my English ancestors were ready to get out of Dodge in about 100 years. I'm going to have to check out the other books by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: