Saturday, January 2, 2016

Review: Broken Harbor

Broken Harbor Broken Harbor by Tana French
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dina' voice on the audiobook just about finished me off. Seriously, she was loud and screechy and annoying and I just about quit listening. I know she's an annoying character, but I shouldn't have to turn down my car stereo and skip ahead to get past her!

Okay, other than that, this detective mystery was what I expected from Tana French. Slow moving at times (so many interview scenes!) but I enjoyed getting to know the characters, especially Scorcher Kennedy. There were some loose ends I wanted to get back to though--the reader is left guessing at things I didn't want to be left guessing at. I knew who the murderer was right off the bat, but Scorcher's thought process was a bit dodgy.

View all my reviews

No comments: