Thursday, February 11, 2016

Review: Darkhouse

Darkhouse Darkhouse by Alex Barclay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Don't worry about the multiple characters and setting switches going on at the beginning--eventually they all come together! It is odd that there is only a two-line space between the changes though--so when I lost my place on a page, I really got confused and had to start over!

Joe "retires" from the police force in America when he shoots a unarmed criminal dead in the streets. All agree that it's best that he travels to Ireland with his wife and son--she's fixing up a lighthouse for a Vogue Interior photo shoot. While there, their son Shaun falls in a love with an Irish beauty, but she ends up dead. Joe can't turn off his cop hat--he investigates even when the local garda tell him not to. The case ends up tied to one of Joe's cases in America and things get messy.

A few gruesome parts in this one that I didn't care for (kinda like when I fast-forward through the torture in 24), but I'm looking forward to reading another of her books.

View all my reviews

No comments: