Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review: Fallen Land

Fallen Land Fallen Land by Taylor Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is for all you literary novel lovers! I wanted to read it because it's about the Civil War, and, hey, there is a horse on the cover! Callum is used to being on the run--he was orphaned twice and has always worked for criminals. But now he rebelled against his own group of renegades because he tried to save a pretty Southern girl who didn't want to get raped. The two are on the run, stealing horses and food, and trying not to be caught by bounty hunters, all while the war in Georgia is going on. Lots of violence here, and TONS of beautiful writing. It really reminded me of Cold Mountain, as well as some Alex Award winning title that I can't quite remember. This isn't something I see teens rushing to read, and it's not my usual read, but I'm interested enough in war that I kept going through all the "beyond him the northern shore, empty and far" to find out what happened to Callum and Ava. You WILL love these kids.

View all my reviews

No comments: