Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review: Highly Illogical Behavior

Highly Illogical Behavior Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To be published May 2016. I received an advance reading copy from the publisher.

I thoroughly enjoy reading Whaley's books. They have a smooth readability that is feels like coming home to me. That said, they do start to sound similar, but I don't mind that because I'm enjoying the ride!

Lisa is a high-maintenance high school student trying to win a prestigious scholarship for psychology and she figures she'll use someone from her small town to win it. Solomon threw himself into a fountain years ago during a panic attack and never leaves the house, so she figures she can "fix" him, write her essay about it, and win the scholarship.

Of course, they end up being close friends, and the betrayal threatens the relationship. Add in Lisa's possibly gay boyfriend, and you have another interesting twist.

It's a sweet, searching friendship/love/family/mental health tale--reminded me of an early Sarah Dessen novel.

View all my reviews

No comments: