Friday, May 13, 2016

Review: My Friend Maggie

My Friend Maggie My Friend Maggie by Hannah E. Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks, Dial, for sending me an advanced reader's copy. Receiving children's books gives me an excuse to have my 13-year-old snuggle with me on the couch like we used to when she was little, and we read every other page, too!

This book made us GROAN because we have both been in Maggie's place. And, honestly, we've been in Paula's place, too. Perfect book about friendships, mean girls, judging people by their looks, and loyalty. Great read-aloud for classrooms, libraries, and parents! Although it might be hard to keep kids from yelling out names.

And we loved Harrison's illustrations--good attention to little details that made the critters come to life.

View all my reviews

No comments: