Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Review: Sweetgirl

Sweetgirl Sweetgirl by Travis Mulhauser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading this book, I feel like I know what it's like to be inside the head of a white trash, methhead from Michigan, and it's not a good feeling. Really....I feel gross.

Percy, a hard-working high school dropout, is looking for her drug addict mother again, and heads to a local meth maker's farmhouse to see if she's there. She isn't, but a crying baby is, along with its passed out mother. Percy takes the baby and enlists the help of one of her mother's ex-boyfriends to try to get the baby to safety at the local hospital. But this is winter in Michigan and it's cold, and snowing, and everyone is walking around with guns and high on some drug or another.

Really, this world is depressing. Don't do meth, people. AND GET THE HELL AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE SAVED!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: