Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: Ink and Bone

Ink and Bone Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really felt like I had read this book before, so if it reminds you of a book you've read in the past, let me know.

Everything strange happens around a town called The Hollows--people disappear, people see and hear paranormal things, and 20-year-old Finley is drawn there, just like her grandmother was. They both end up working with a private investigator to solve crime. Girls are going missing, but it isn't until a real estate broker goes missing, too, that there is a break in the case. Finley sees and hears dead people, and tattoos them onto her skin as a way of recognizing them and holding herself together (what other book is this in?).

I loved Finley's tale, but wasn't too thrilled with the chapters about the parents of a missing girl, Merri and Wolf. Without their whiny parts (sorry, but I just didn't relate to them), this could have been a good YA novel or a better adult novel (I wanted more of the grandmother's story).

View all my reviews

No comments: