Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review: His Majesty's Hope

His Majesty's Hope His Majesty's Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oooo, I love this series. Totally unbelievable, but that's just what I want in my WWII spy stories! Maggie Hope is finally being sent to Germany undercover--the first female spy for England during the war! Unfortunately she is dropped right into her mother's world--Clara Hess, the evil German intelligence officer who is down on her luck since her plan to kidnap English royalty failed in the last book of the series.

Love the relationships between Maggie and her men, as well as her friends' homosexual relationship in a London where it's illegal but accepted in certain circles. The author did her research, and has pages of Historical Notes and lists nonfiction books to read if interested.

View all my reviews

No comments: