Thursday, July 14, 2016

Review: Terminal Lance: The White Donkey

Terminal Lance: The White Donkey Terminal Lance: The White Donkey by Maximilian Uriarte
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Judging by the reviews on Goodreads, this author got the Marine life down correctly in this graphic novel. I've never been, so I can't go on and on about accuracy and whether he got the training and serving in Iraq correct. But I do feel like I know more about what being a Marine is all about, so that's good! And the book was supported by comic strip followers in a Kickstarter campaign, which is pretty cool. Lots of swear words, racist language, and sex talk, but, hey, they're Marines. Libraries, purchase this to give to current soldiers and older teens who are thinking about joining up.



View all my reviews

No comments: