Friday, October 7, 2016

Review: Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct Killer Instinct by Zoë Sharp
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this first book in a series that was first published in the UK. Charlie Fox is a woman who is on a mission--she teaches self-defense classes for women all over the small towns in northern England, so that no other woman has to go through what she did. While serving in the British forces, she became a victim, even though her own parents never believed her story. Now that she's changed her name and determined to be strong, she gets roped into serving as a bouncer at a local night club--she knows pressure points and martial arts, and she's a big change from the 300-pounders with no necks that usually work the club floors. While working, she is roped into the search for the murderer of a few young women in the area--they were raped and brutally killed. Luckily Charlie can figure it all out.

I read the American edition of this book, and Lee Child writes the intro--he loves this author. I do, too! It's a typical mystery, but I LOVED the main character--she's not perfect, but I want to be her best friend. I'm looking forward to reading the next book, if I can find it.

View all my reviews

No comments: