Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Another Brooklyn

Another Brooklyn Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful! But there was almost nothing on the third disk of the audiobook. At first I thought that Harper Audio messed up--where was the rest of the book? How can it end that way? I want to know MORE about Syvia, Angela, Gigi, and August! So I was disappointed that the book was so short. I wanted to spend more time in this Brooklyn, even if there were creepy child molesters and heroin addicts lurking in every stairwell.

Woodson developed the setting perfectly--I felt like I knew what Brooklyn was like during the summer the lights went out, and what it felt like to walk down the streets, and to peer out of painted-closed windows.

Selfish me--I'm hoping for a return to this world by Woodson. Probably not going to happen, but I can hope. I want to know more about the close friendships and the events that made them drift apart. That's seriously the only thing that kept me from five-star loving this audiobook--I wanted more than a novella.

View all my reviews

No comments: