Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Review: I Capture the Castle

I Capture the Castle I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm pretty sure I read this back in the day when I used to buy paperbacks at Waldenbooks at the mall and go read them at the cookie shop while my mom shopped.

It's still a sweet, innocent coming-of-age tale that was published way back in 1948.

I don't recommend this audio production. Way too many audible breath intakes and the music was rather random--sometimes starting during the talking, and other times starting after. I'm assuming that the music meant that a new journal entry was starting, but I'm not sure since I don't have a print copy available.

This is a tale of young love, first kisses, eccentric fathers, sexy step-mothers and romance when your only choices were the neighbors!

View all my reviews

No comments: