Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Review: Rain Dogs

Rain Dogs Rain Dogs by Adrian McKinty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Adrian McKinty is a genius, and I'm so impressed to find a Irish police procedural that makes me feel and dream. It doesn't hurt that Gerard Doyle is the narrator of these audiobooks--his command of Belfast neighborhood accents, along with Irish, American, and English accents, makes him one of my favorite narrators.

CID Sean Duffy is working riot duty for the great Ali's visit to Belfast and an English journalist turns up dead in locked Carrickfergus Castle. Surely it's impossible for Duffy to have two locked room cases, right? As he says, he's no Miss Marple! With the usual dark twists and turns of late 1980's Belfast, there's a conspiracy that reaches across borders to Finland and England involving pedophiles, former Nazis, and crooked business deals.

This series just gets better and better. I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of the audiobook because I care so much for this Duffy character--what's up with that?

View all my reviews

No comments: