Friday, March 31, 2017

Review: The Unquiet Dead

The Unquiet Dead The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved, loved, loved this mystery! Love how an international disaster (the Bosnian massacres) hit close to home in Canada. I remember watching "stuff" on TV about Bosnia, but I was in college and didn't pay attention as much as I should have. Disgusting, horrible crimes against humanity. In this novel, two detectives from Community Policing are asked to solve a crime. Or what might be a crime--a local man fell (jumped? was pushed?) off a cliff.

I love that Det. Khattak is Muslim, and that his partner Det. Getty tiptoes around his religion, while not appreciating his attraction to beautiful women. This book reminded me of Alex Award winner Finding Nouf, which I loved. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments: