Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Review: Perfect Little World

Perfect Little World Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Enjoyable adult novel about a young mother who decides to join the infinity family project, a 10 year study of raising 10 children in a communal fashion. It's all psychologically based, and not a cult, but Izzy does join the commune, er, family, because she's afraid that she doesn't have the support system (and money) to raise her baby. The audiobook was an easy listen, if a bit slow in the middle, and the ending was too wrapped up and "perfect" for me.

And I really had an issue with Izzy. She has an affair with her high school art teacher, and then ends up falling in love with another older man who is an authority figure? Ewwww.

But Kevin Wilson really gets families--I loved The Family Fang and I was on the Alex Award committee that selected Tunneling to the Center of the Earth: Stories. His way with words is outstanding! I'll keep reading his books.

View all my reviews

No comments: