Monday, May 15, 2017

Review: The Language of Secrets

The Language of Secrets The Language of Secrets by Ausma Zehanat Khan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not quite as good as the first book in this series (too much poetry interpretation for me in this one), but a fascinating look into the world of Muslim extremism in Canada. Detective Esa Khattack, head of the Community Policing section, works with his partner Rachel to save the day again, but this investigation is personal. Khattack's own sister is engaged to the suspected leader of a terrorist sect, and the investigation gets muddled. Lots of crossed lines and lying and wiretapping going on, and I really didn't believe the whole subplot of someone going undercover.

But I'll keep reading. Khattack and Rachel have an interesting work relationship, and I'm a sucker for police mysteries with brooding main characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: