Thursday, May 11, 2017

Review: This Is Our Story

This Is Our Story This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If I still taught at Paris High School, I would be pushing this book to a lot of kids. But I wouldn't need to push hard, because there is a buck on the cover, and the first sentence is: "A ten-point buck and a dead body make the same sound when they hit the forest floor."

Awesome! Hunting and a dead teenager? What teen around here wouldn't want to read this book?

A few parts were a tad unbelievable, but I went with it. Lots of action, a bit of romance, some stupid social media mistakes by kids, and, of course, bullying and ignorant parents. I loved the transcripts from the police interviews with the teens at the party, and the fact that the main character interned at the local DA Office.

And a key component of the whole plot revolves around a deer camera. Yay for rural settings!

View all my reviews

No comments: