Thursday, June 8, 2017

Review: Sarabella's Thinking Cap

Sarabella's Thinking Cap Sarabella's Thinking Cap by Judy Schachner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful illustrations and a lot of different ideas to study on each page! Children who love looking for details will enjoy this one.

As for the story, I thought for sure that Sarabella the daydreamer was going to start writing out her ideas. Or that she was going to get some concrete ideas to help her concentrate on her schoolwork. But the simple explanation of "Sarabella began to imagine what her thinking cap might look like. And then she turned back to her work." didn't cut it for me--why was she able to concentrate this time?

I'm sure this will come on the Caldecott table though--acrylics, gouache, collage, and mixed media are all good things.

View all my reviews

No comments: