Friday, August 18, 2017

Review: The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So I'll be the dissenting vote on this popular book--I thought the writing style was horrendous. I loved the IDEA, but, whoa, the phrasing and repetitiveness drove me nuts. I listened to six disks of the audiobook and I couldn't take it anymore. And I was bored.

It sucked that this happened to these ladies, and the facts shocked me. I'm glad I learned about what happened to these defenseless workers who were at the mercy of their employers.

But I wanted to start a drinking game with certain phrases because I heard them way too many times. Also, Angela Brazil's narration didn't help things--very stilted at times.

View all my reviews

No comments: