Friday, September 15, 2017

Review: The Hate U Give

The Hate U Give The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This audiobook better receive some Odyssey love! I listened to the MP3 with my Odyssey ears and it sounded just about perfect--the only flaw was Haley's voice, but I think her voice was meant to be "annoying valley girl."

I cried and I laughed, which is a sign of a great read. Star's family is wonderful--supportive, yet with flaws, and their love makes this book. So many great topics are covered in this one--blended families, coming of age friendships, police brutality, racism, first loves, black lives matter, activism, and I can't forget Black Jesus.

Can't wait to see how many awards this book and author receive--it's just darn good.

View all my reviews

No comments: