Friday, October 13, 2017

Review: You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Heartbreaking and oh, so good. Sherman Alexie has a way with words and his storytelling is what I want to read. Reading this memoir while listening to Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis was interesting--many parallels and similarities, but Alexie's grief and wordsmithing makes this a modern masterpiece. It is brave of him to publish this--I feel like I KNOW him and I want to hug him and thank his wife. I earmarked so many passages--crazy good poetry is interspersed throughout and his repeating of certain stories and passages that held meaning to him just made me more of an emotional wreck. This memoir gives you the feels.

View all my reviews

No comments: