Friday, November 10, 2017

Review: Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Listening to a John Green novel feels like coming home to me, because I recognize his style. And I still enjoy it! Whip-smart young teens in this one, too, but Aza is struggling with obsessive thoughts and crippling anxiety. Those parts were difficult to listen to, which is the whole point, and it was interesting to get into the mind of someone like that. Loved the characterization and the dialogue--he's an expert. What kept this from being 5 stars was the mystery--I won't give any spoilers, but it never really seemed integrated or believable. I almost wanted it to be a magical realism moment instead.

I bet the police are thrilled that people will keep trying to get into the Indy sewers now. But, hey, I LOVED the Indy setting.

View all my reviews

No comments: